ONE PAIR OF MATRAX MKII BOARDS - CHOOSE SAFETY ORANGE OR BLACK
ONE PACK OF 4 MAXTRAX MKII MOUNTING PINS
MAXTRAX MKII-the iconic MAXTRAX color. It’s easy to see in almost any condition, and it looks great mounted on any vehicle. Sold as a pair with two leashes to help you pull them out of the muck.
MAXTRAX MKII is the lightweight, vehicle recovery device that’s easy to carry and easy to use.
- Our first and most popular color, MAXTRAX MKII is easy to see in virtually all weather conditions and terrain.
- The aggressive large teeth grip onto the tire tread. In addition to these top cleats, specially designed teeth on the backside prevent the board from slipping backwards. This combination makes vehicle recovery quick and easy.
- Made of UV-stable, flexible, super tough engineering-grade reinforced nylon.
- At 8lbs each, MAXTRAX are easy to carry and place under your tires.
- Six comfortable handles and patented double-shovel design makes it easy to clear debris from the front of your tires.
- Patented keyhole design ensure the MAXTRAX are securely mounted at four points.
- Measuring at just 45 inches long by 13 inches wide, each set of MAXTRAX stacks together at a height of just 3.3 inches. They are easy to store outside your vehicle with our Mounting Pins, Roll Tube Mounts or Rear Wheel Harness.
- Many roof racks have easy MAXTRAX mounting solutions including CBI Offroad Fab and Yakima
- Weight: 8lbs each (Total shipped weight, 17lbs)
- Height for two stacked: 3.3″, four stacked: 4.6″
- Tested at the University of Queensland to completely wrap around a 33-inch tire without failure, while returning to shape
How to use your MAXTRAX
After become stuck, use the MAXTRAX as a shovel to clear debris from in front of your tires. Wedge the MAXTRAX in front of your tires at a 45 degree angle. If in a two wheel drive vehicle, place the MAXTRAX in front of which ever set of wheels receive power. In a 4WD vehicle, ensure 4WD is engaged and place in front of the front tires, depending on where the vehicle is most bogged. Placing them at the front of the vehicle will give you an extra boost of momentum once your rear tires hit the MAXTRAX. Once properly placed, slowly begin to accelerate, do not spin your wheels. If the MAXTRAX are not engaging, they may need to be repositioned, or more debris may need to be cleared. Once you have traction, maintain momentum until you reach firm ground. Retrieve your MAXTRAX and carry on!
Please note: Actual color may vary from images shown.
Warranty: We back MAXTRAX with a lifetime warranty against faults and defects.
MAXTRAX Mounting Pins are the easiest, safest, and most-secure way to mount your genuine MAXTRAX Recovery Boards. Because of the unique design of our patented Keyhole, our Mounting Pins can carry either one or two sets of MAXTRAX (two or four boards) and their M10 stainless bolt has a provision for a small TSA-style padlock. Two individual rotating Nylon “keys” allow you to securely restrain your MAXTRAX while the primary component remains stationary, attached to your roof or bed rack, or custom mounting application.
Sold in a set of four, enough to mount one or two sets of MAXTRAX (two or four boards total).
Genuine MAXTRAX Mounting Pins are the easiest, safest, and most secure mounting solution for putting your MAXTRAX on a roof rack or cross-bars. Constructed from high-quality black nylon and stainless steel, these quick-release pins can hold one or two sets of MAXTRAX (2 or 4 boards).
Top roof rack manufacturers, including Rhino Rack, Eezi-Awn, Front Runner, and more, make a reciprocal bracket that allows for a bolt-on roof rack mounting solution.Designed exclusively for MAXTRAX MKII—these cannot be used with any other brands.
The design also permits a TSA-style padlock to be run through the top of the pin to keep your MAXTRAX secure—we recommend a bicycle cable lock if your security requirements exceed this.
Weight 3.5 oz (per pin) Dimensions 12 x 10 x 2 in Size 5.5 inches long including an inch-and-a-half shaft of 10mm diameter thread that can be cut to length if required. SS Nylock nuts & flat washers are included. SKU MTXMPS